ARUP KUMAR BHUNIA
From Headmaster's Desk
A Responding to the academic and social needs of the people of the locality, vidyasagar vidyapith was established with the blessings of pandit iswarchandra vidyasagar , the illustrious eduvationist and social reformer of Bengal, on 22nd august, 1845. Rishi raj Narayan basu, the “Mantraguru” of the Indian national movement adorned the governing body of the institution. Shri madam basu was the secretary of the managing committee of the institution, the illustrious freedom fighters, late bimal dasgupta and late sonata roy were the alumni of the institute. During this long glorious span of time of the institution has grown from little sapling to a strong robust full- grown tree with sweet-smelling blossoms. The school celebrated the 150 th year of its existence on 22 nd august, 1994 in a befitting manner. The ceremony as graced by Mr. Raghunath reddy, then honble governer of westbengal. In the year 2011 this institution has been declared a “ Heritage School” by the herithage commission, government of westbengal as heritage speaks from every nook and corner of this place the academic performance has been consistently spectacular over the past decades. The school ha succeeded agai and again in achieving distinction in the field of games and sports. On various occasions our school has been graced by the glorious presence of many renowned dignitaries. Let this primer institution forge ahead bearing distinction and fulfilling the aspiration of the people in th years to come- ‘Charaibeti ’.